Search This Blog

Saturday, December 31, 2011

My 2011 Obituary

I write this, not in a morbid sense, but in an honest effort to put my past behind and embrace the 2012 with open arms! 

It was while on a walk that I thought about this.  Why we use the new year to do this and don't do it on an as need basis, I haven't quite figured out....So here I go, my 2011 obituary.

This year was a year of learning--not just in an academic sense but all encompasing.  Not to sound cliche, but it was a year of ups and downs.  A year of blessing, triumphs, hardships, sadness, and failure--all which led to a better version of myself.
Above all, this has been a year of growth and that's how I will always remember it.  Not for the loss of a loved one, the loss of 45 more lbs, the failures academically, the nuptuals of my best friends, the engagement of another, the official purchase of my first car, the accident which led me to that, and so on....
This year will here lie, always and forever, as the year of growth.

  2012, I look forward to the new adventures you have in store for me.  Tonight I lay to rest 2011, to wake up to not only a new day but a new year.  We get the opporunity but once a year.  Take advantage of it--wake up refreshed, not hung over.  Make promises/committments to yourself, not resolutions (which tend to fizzle out before the end of the first month).  Allow yourself to look ahead at the possibilities not behind to what you cannot change.  Be open to what the universe has in store for you, not close hearted. 

Happy 2012--New Year, New YOU! 


2 comments:

  1. New follower!
    @mrssmitty86 on Twitter
    Feel free to follow me at
    www.ageekswifeandherdog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete