Search This Blog

Friday, February 8, 2013

A little TKO to burn off calories and stress!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XElAGlahPA (just in case the video doesn't work for you.)

I'll admit, I bought the gloves just because they were pink and a portion of the proceeds went to breast cancer research!  But I'd always wanted to try boxing.  So after letting the gloves collect a little dust, I brushed them off and brought them in to train with one day.  I told him I'd probably start off uncoordinated and slow but I'd work on it to get better.  It was something I at least wanted to try!  Now I can't go a week without getting some boxing in.  We do everything from sparring to working on combinations (that's what this one is here, one of our longer ones).  It's great, I love it, and ALWAYS look forward to it!

I encourage everyone of every age to GET ACTIVE.  The definition of that varies for everyone, we are not a "one size fits all" society and what works for me may not work (or appeal) to someone else.  THAT'S OK!!  Just get moving.  Maybe that means taking the stairs instead of the elevator, maybe that means adding jogging to your walking regimen, or for someone it may mean getting up and playing with their kids instead of watching them play.  Whatever you decide/define as your goal to GET ACTIVE write it down and keep that somewhere that you can see it on a daily basis.  Writing it down helps hold you accountable to the goal that YOU set for yourself.  Achieving your goal will be an amazing feeling!

My goal with boxing was just to try it, at first.  My goal now (about 6 months late) is to take this into a ring one day and put my skills and practice into use!

We'll be sparring at Team Freska's UNITY Benefit Event February 23 on Treasure Island in San Francisco!  Come see us, I'll be wearing what I'm wearing in this video so I'll be easy to spot in the crowd!

Here's the link for the event:
http://teamfreska-efbevent.eventbrite.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment